- The supposed development of living organisms from nonliving matter.
- The process by which a vaccine is made from bacteria obtained from the patient’s own body.
- The origin or mode of formation of something.
- A set or system of methods, principles, and rules for regulating a given discipline, as in the arts or sciences.
- The underlying principles and rules of organisation of a philosophical system or inquiry procedure.
- The study of the principles underlying the organisation of the various sciences and the conduct of scientific inquiry.
- A branch of pedagogics dealing with analysis and evaluation of subjects to be taught and of the methods of teaching them.